About Trauma, Grief, & Loss Counseling
Trauma, grief, and loss are united by the interruptions they create in our capacity to live lovingly. These experiences take their mental, emotional, and physical tolls while also spurring us to re-evaluate our relationships. Impossibly, mourning sometimes puts us at odds with those we love dearest.
At first glance, our lives seem marked by profound instances of mourning and periods of “recovery.” Yet, a closer look reveals more subtle losses that etch themselves into our hearts gradually over time. We might even awaken one day to feel the full weight of our accumulated losses and their complicated effects on our most precious relationships.
Trauma and loss, whether occurring as events or as patterns, jeopardize our ability to get our intimate needs met, and to participate in relationships of significant depth. I support couples coping with loss by helping partners transform their mourning to grow in intimacy, and most importantly, love. I also help individuals maintain open-heartedness in the face of life’s greatest challenges.
I believe life is a spiritual journey that is given meaning through our relationships. At no point are we more spiritually raw than in the wake of mourning. Painful though it is, this mourning can also be an opening into a deeper experience of love. My aim is to help you and your family not only survive such upheavals, but to use them as opportunities to live and love more fully.
Benefits of Trauma, Grief, & Loss Counseling
- Assistance in constructing relationships that better support you in facing trauma and loss
- Prevent outside trauma from replaying within the relationship
- Create a secure base with your partner to explore a post-loss world
- Become sensitive to one another’s trauma histories and avoid repeated wounding
- Reconstruct meaning and purpose
- Deal with a partner’s disparate coping style
- Have relationship experiences that promote health and healing
Common Reason for Seeking Trauma, Grief, & Loss Counseling
Death of a Parent
Infertility or Miscarriage
Caring for Aging Parent
Death of Spouse or Partner
Loss of Job and Other Financial Setbacks
- An Open Letter to the Broken-Hearted, Hayden Lindsey
- Uncoupling: Turning Points in Intimate Relationships, Diane Vaughan
- No Breakup Can Break You: The Definitive Recovery Guide for Men, Nick Dawson
- Divorce After 50: Your Guide to the Unique Legal and Financial Challenges, Janice Green
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times, Pema Chodron
- Conscious Uncoupling: 5 Steps to Living Happily Ever After, Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay: A Step-by-Step Guide to Help You Decide Whether to Stay In or Get Out of Your Relationship, Mira Kirschenbaum
- The Journey from Abandonment to Healing: Surviving Through and Recovering from the Five Stages That Accompany the Loss of Love, Susan Anderson
Ready to Meet?
Fill out the form below and I will get back to you within 3 business days.